Training for law enforcement, court personnel, social services providers and community groups is a regular part of our advocacy.
Jefferson and Gilpin County Community Crisis Response Team
VOI provides leadership and training to the JCCCRT. Read more here.
Volunteer Victim Advocate Training
Trained volunteers are a vital part of Victim Outreach. Select volunteers are trained by VOI and function as an integral part of our response team. Read more here.
VOI is active on criminal justice system-related boards, councils and committees to offer insight into victim’s issues and needs as policies are developed. For example, we serve on:
- First Judicial District Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- District Attorney’s Adult Diversion Council
- SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners) Advisory Board
- Jefferson County Child Protection Team
- Child and Youth Leadership Commission (CYLC)