VOI's 2nd Annual "Making a Difference", Black & White Soiree will be held at the Lakewood Country Club on September 19th 2014!
Lakewood Country Club's Address is 6800 W. 10th Ave, Lakewood, Colorado 80214
To become a sponsor or to purchase your tickets, please contact us at 303.202.2196
click to see full poster
For all VOI's current news visit the VOI News & Events page
Are you interested in volunteering?
Read more about volunteer oportunities with VOI...
Services for Primary and Secondary Victims
Victim Outreach offers comprehensive support services to victims of crime and/or trauma. Primary clients include those who have been impacted by criminal acts or non-crime related traumatic events such as suicide, SIDS death, fatal car accident or natural disaster.
Services are also provided to secondary victims - family members or witnesses who were seriously impacted by the trauma.
Crisis & Trauma
A crisis reaction is a normal reaction to an abnormal event. The sort of events that can cause serious distress can include involvement in/or witnessing:
- Personal trauma, such as abuse, sexual assault, robbery or burglary
- Suicide, severe injury, sudden death (by accident, homicide or natural causes) of family or friends
- Events that happen to the person’s community, such as fire, flood, terrorism
Our service area includes:
- Mountain View
- Wheat Ridge
- Colorado School of Mines
- And victims with no local advocate who are referred to VOI
If you were a victim of a crime in VOI's service area and need assistance:
- Contact VOI at 303-202-2196
- If you were victimized elsewhere, contact the law enforcement agency in the city where the crime occurred and ask to speak with someone in their victim services unit
- You may find a list of local agencies and issue specific resources here.
- If you live in our service area but were a victim of a crime in another state or city, and need local support or resources, contact VOI for assistance.
Training & Collaboration with Agencies and Groups
In addition to direct service delivery VOI also engages in extensive training, networking and collaboration with other service providers, first responders and law enforcement agencies to further strengthen a coordinated and effective response to victims. Read more. . .